Define the client company’s need:
- Consult with hiring manager about job requirements, company information and selling points for the position and company. Offer consultation on salary level and attractiveness of position, then develop a recruiting plan.
Create recruiting plan that could include:
- Marketing via our website and other membership-only sites as appropriate.
- Direct contact with potential candidates and industry sources.
- Use of our research team to uncover more candidates, including passive candidates.
- Use of our international network of professional recruiting firms.
Develop lists of potential candidates:
- By abilities and experience.
- By job function and title.
- By geographic region.
Contact and actively recruit candidates identified as potential matches:
- Enthusiastically present the career opportunity.
- Keep the hiring manager apprised of our progress.
- Qualify and evaluate candidates.
- Anticipate possible problems – counteroffer, relocation, non-compete contracts.
Arrange interviews for client company to meet candidates:
- Present summary of each candidate verbally and electronically, with confidential resume.
- Recommend appropriate interviews.
- Arrange each interview.
- Prepare candidate.
- Brief hiring manager.
Get decisions that lead to placements:
- Debrief candidate and employer.
- Should we move ahead with this candidate? Why?
- Should we interview other candidates? Why?
- Should we maintain or change the direction of the search? Why?
If the client feels this candidate is the right fit:
- Arrange subsequent interviews.
- If relocation is required, introduce candidate to our relocation services.
- Perform reference and/or background checks if required by the client.
- Assist employer with assembling an offer that is likely to be well received.
- Present offer to candidate.
- Negotiate the differences, if any.
- Counsel the future employee on resigning from his current employer.
- Confirm start date.
- Follow up with candidate and manager for first 30 days and beyond.
(Failure to perform one or more of these steps does not constitute breach of contract on our part)